In the middle of quite a hectic day a few days ago, a notification came through that I had been awarded the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by the wonderful Mrs. Ipockolypse.
I swear I have not been ignoring this! I’ve been busy, fatigued and it’s been hot so my son has had a serious case of spicy-butt as a result. Keeping the booty at bay has been quite the challenge. I think we are all finally on the mend as we await our first summer heat wave.
Wait, that wasn’t even a heat wave, you say? Happy July everybody!
I was surprised and flattered. I really enjoy her blog, more than she should know and am silently rooting for good days, always.
Okay, I’ve been updating this over the course of days when I have time. I just received another one from Not Weighting For My Dreams, who, oddly enough, I am nominating as well! Thank you so much! I’m keeping you on my list, Dangit. Haha!
I am a bit… Wordy. Sometimes I am afraid I will come off weird or intense. I am just a passionate person who literally feels for people. So, everyone whose blog I follow, I don’t do it to have something pop up in my reader. I am genuinely rooting for you and look forward to your posts. I appreciate all the real, the witty, funny, sad, happy, confused. All of it. So, thank you! I appreciate the mutual inspiration. 🙂
As I said, a bit wordy. On with the award show!
Here are the rules for this award.
1.Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
Seven Facts About B.
1. I have three brothers and one sister. We range from 29 to 41 years-old. I am number four of five in line as well as the youngest female sibling. I cannot imagine my life without my siblings, through the good and the awful, somehow we made it and we all still love the shit out of each other.
2. I have three cats and am aware in most cases this sends up a red flag for people. I assure you, I originally brought home the one. My mother brought home two. She moved out, we lost the house to foreclosure and the boys had grown up as brothers since kittens. I could not allow them to be separated. They are currently entering their senior years at 9 years-old. They have been my pets through literally the best and worst times of my life, so far. Thanks meows.
3. My family is only just recently learning of our roots and history. My dad is…. aloof….. and my mama was adopted. My mother has been connected with some of her biological siblings (Six of them, including my Mom. I met an Aunt and an Uncle last summer!) over the last year after she searched her birth name on Google. It has been fun to see their relationships grow and have them share pictures of their parents, my Grandparents, as they are found. Now we know where my brother got those crazy ears. I’ve also discovered an Aunt and Uncle on my Dad’s side – half siblings. As a result, a boatload of new family has been found. Exciting and overwhelming.
4. My son was born 6 weeks early and spent the first 3 weeks of his life in the NICU. He was a big preemie, at 34 weeks, weighing 6lbs even and 19″ long. I like to think he saved me the trouble of an extra painful delivery as he would have been giant at 40wks. At 19 months now, he is a tank.
5. My tonsils are the size of Godzilla and need to come out. I’ve gotten the approval but I need more hands-on-deck since recovery as an adult is supposed to be unpleasant with a down time of two weeks.
6. The clavical is my favorite part on the female body. I’m not sure why, other than they look so elegant most of the time. Mine can be seen now fairly easily, it makes me feel pretty and girly.
7. I have, in my storage unit, what is left of the house I/we grew up in. It was all sent to the dump before we could get in to retrieve pictures and such as the foreclosure was happening. I managed to get my mom’s hope chest, given to her by my grandmother, and the smaller wedding album of my mom and dad which includes pictures I’d taken/stolen over the years of my older siblings as children. I hope there are other things in there I can’t think of. Like Christmas decorations or a familiar dish or. Who knows. I’m still processing that, in a lot of ways. 🙂
There you have it!
Here are my nominations, though there are fewer than 15, I am afraid. I am still in my blogging infancy!:
1. Batter My Heart
2. Getting Unfat: My Personal Weight Loss Journey
3. Not Weighting For My Dreams
6. Mama Ames Gets Healthy!
7. Kristen-IS-Losing It…
8. Problems of a Big Girl Nursing Student
For the sake of time and the three days I’ve been trying to post this, I am going to add my nominations as I come across them. I feel a little shitty about it, I have just had a lot going on, which I will touch on in another post! Lots of updates ahead!
Thank you, again, ladies! For the nomination, award, for taking an interest in my small corner of the blogosphere. I appreciate you!