Summer will never end. I guess we are still looking at triple digits for the next seven days. It really has NOT been under 100℉ in about a month, so, I thought today I would post some Non-Scale Victories I have noticed this week to keep myself on track and motivated:
1. I can finally wrap a bath towel around my whole person without exposing my lady-bits – score.
2. My wedding ring keeps flying off while showering or giving the boy a bath, so it has to come off now during those times.
3. I JOGGED for about five minutes straight, indoors, for my son’s entertainment the other day. I didn’t realize until about my 10th lap around the living room what I was doing. I don’t think I’ve been able to do that in almost a decade or more. Truth.
4. Now I’ve got ankles, not cankles.
5. I fit better in the bath tub. As in, my thighs don’t create so much of a dam anymore that the back part of the tub doesn’t fill. Ha.
Now, how many times will I refer to this list today for help? Ha. The stationary bike is in the hottest room of the house so unless my boy goes down early for a nap this morning, I don’t know if I can get to the bike. I’ve been getting my stretching in and got at least one day of strength in this week. I’ve done all of this without a gym membership so far – hubs always asks why I don’t just workout in the living room but I feel I am not as focused on my whole self if I have fun distractions like my man and my boy around.
What do you guys do indoors to keep active without over-heating?