Well, as suspected… This one is not so good, so lets just get to it.
Starting Weight Feb 2014: 261.2lbs
Weight Last Week: 192.0lbs
Current Weight: 194.4lbs
Weekly +/-: +2.4lbs
Total Shed: 66.8lbs
So, basically a two and a half pound gain. Several factors, both positive and negative, did not keep my eyes dry about it. Even a little. I straight up started the self hate immediately even though I know better.
So here are some things to consider:
1. I ate candy for five days straight. All five days I was under calorie goal but I still consumed like 5 fun size candies all those days.
2. 17 miles of walking last week. I am sure there’s some muscle building happening as well. My legs, butt and back can attest.
3. We don’t have a car right now, so we werent super well hydrated for a few days until we were able to get a ride to pick up a few cases of water. Water rentention.
4. My lady business is supposed to start any time now, so, there’s that. Ladies know what’s up.
5. In all this time I’ve not had a lot of gains, I know this is circumstantial and not all because of candy even though that’s what I feel like beating myself up for.
6. Our food budget was low/out until yesterday, so now there is more fresh stuff in the house, but was not as much the case for the last week.
So, there it is. Talking it out with the hubs and knowing all of these things as facts don’t necessarily make me feel better, but they do keep me honest.
Sincerely, I didn’t even want to post about my gain. Blah. But, this journey isn’t easy and right now its all in my head. I wish my brains could receive hugs.
People plateau, they gain, they lose. I am thankful I didn’t go back over 200. I am thankful I can learn from my mistakes and see the overall progress. If I could lose weight on vacation, I certainly don’t want to and don’t have to let holidays slip me up. I am better and healthier than I was at the beginning of this year. I am over 100lbs down from my highest (known) weight of 298 and damnit, in 20lbs, I will be out of the “obese” range on the BMI chart (“overweight” range is odd to strive for right?).
Here’s to pushing forward anyway, for me.
As Joe Dirt would say, just gotta keep on keepin’ on.